Hayward Pro Grid 60 tank failure?

Nov 15, 2007
Yardley, PA
Just replaced my old motor with a 2 speed Centurian this morning. Noticed a decent amount of water on the pad this evening. Upon closer examination it appears as if the leak is coming from the bottom of my filter tank (cannot be seen, could be the very bottom behind the base).

Anyway, my question is - Can, or how likely is the tank to fail in a Hayward Pro Grid 60? My unit is about 15 years old, self maintained but drained each year. I also wonder if some residual water in the filter bottom can cause failure due to winter freezing. I have noticed over the last couple of years some flaking of the bottom inside of the tank, attributing that to normal wear and tear.

Just seeking reassurance, I am resigned to having to replace the who darn thing.

Have you checked the drain plug?

It might also be the main body oring or a leak from the air relief.

The tanks can fail. If you have ruled out other possibilities, you're probably going to have to take it apart and look for cracks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.