My green pool I need suggestions

Aug 31, 2016
shreveport La
Hi yawl..I'm Connie here in Shreveport, La. My pool is very green. I keep buying the recommended chemicals that store is selling me but it is not clearing my pool Up 3 bags of shock and a gallon of something else the next day the poll ends up really cloudy you can't see past the second step on the ladder can someone please tell me what I need to put in my pool to get clear water the pool is 18000 gallons of water thank you so much all I appreciate you.

Welcome to TFP, you will love it here... :lovetfp:

I know it sounds just like one of those late-night TV commercials.. Buy this.. and it will cure cancer and bad breath.. But, that is not really the case here. Before we can help you fix your pool problems, we need reliable test data from your pool. Pool store tests, or other test kits, do not provide the data we need to be able to help you. Look through some of the bazillion posts here and you will see what I mean.

We will need the following chemical levels, and the only way to do that is to buy one of the recommended tests. The tests are easy to do, and you, not the pool store, control the quality and accuracy of the tests.

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Each of the above tests are somewhat interrelated, so it is very important for us to have accurate test data. We do this by asking everyone to use the same basic test kit, so that we are always comparing apples to apples.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.