Is Hayward Aquarite AQR-15 lifetime equivalent to Pentair IC40

Foosman

Bronze Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Austin, TX
I'm doing a cost comparison between Pentair and Hayward SWGs. The biggest Hayward SWG is rated at 40,000 gallons...does this mean it compares to the Pentair IC40 in terms of total chlorine generation capability? I would chose the IC60 over the IC40; however, just trying to compare total cost of ownership.

Largest source of info on SWG's is here (it was compiled using independent data and so this is truly an apples-to-apples comparison without a lot of company-specific influence) -

Full Market Comparison of Salt Water Chlorine Generators for Swimming Pools

- - - Updated - - -

The Mother-of-All-SWGs (MOAS) would be the CircuPool RJ-60 Plus which weighs in at a whopping 3.10lbs/day of chlorine gas :shock:

Foosman,

Please keep in mind that without a Pentair Automation system, the IC40, or IC60, can only be controlled in 20% increments. Not something that you can't work around, but something you need to know up-front.

Jim R.

Largest source of info on SWG's is here (it was compiled using independent data and so this is truly an apples-to-apples comparison without a lot of company-specific influence) -

Full Market Comparison of Salt Water Chlorine Generators for Swimming Pools

- - - Updated - - -

The Mother-of-All-SWGs (MOAS) would be the CircuPool RJ-60 Plus which weighs in at a whopping 3.10lbs/day of chlorine gas :shock:

I just laughed really hard at the MOAS acronym...that's good!!! Thanks for the link, it looks like they both put out 1.4lb/day, but no indication of how many days they are able to produce...hmm.

Pentair quotes 10,000 hour operational life (your mileage may vary) and I think Hayward quotes less than that (maybe their realists?).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.