RWJDennis - New pool owner in Guelph

Aug 31, 2016
Guelph, Canada
Hello everyone. We moved into our new house at the end of June, and it came with a pool. Please don't take offense, but we bought the house despite it having a pool - it was not a selling feature, and, in fact, often dissuaded us from considering a house further. The only saving grace of the pool is that it didn't take up more than half the yard, and is an above ground pool, so we can probably remove it without too much of a headache if we want to. In short, you could consider me a reluctant pool owner. My kids love it, though.

Anyway, I've been lurking the internet for advice on maintenance and troubleshooting for the past couple months, often to find myself here. I decided to register because I was able to get a Taylor 2006 kit shipped to Canada for $99.99 relatively easily, so I thought I'd share that (in the appropriate subforum, of course).

James

Welcome, James! :wave:

Hopefully with some reading in Pool School and some help with any questions you might have, you'll convert yourself into a pool lover instead of a begrudging owner. Feel free to add the details of your pool to your forum signature so it's easier for the experts to help you out when a question comes up. Edit Signature

James! I SO feel you! We almost did NOT buy our house due to it having a pool :rolleyes: and look at me now----------a MOD of THE pool forum on the net! LOL

I love my pool NOW! The beginning? Not so much!

We would LOVE to hear how you were able to get the test kit for that! Sounds like magic to me!

:kim: