Functional Benefit of an Robotic Pool Cleaner vs Manual Cleaning

As I learn more and more I keep changing my questions. Here is an updated question:

I believe, since the vacuum I use has a brush around the edges (the triangular type) that it is as sufficient as brushing.

The question is.....Which is better when it comes to brushing? Assume that debris (leaves, bugs, etc.) are already gone.

1. Brush vacuum into the filter
2. Brushing
3. Robotic vacuum

The way I see it, #1 does it all, #3 is in the middle, leaning toward #1.

Thoughts?

As I learn more and more I keep changing my questions. Here is an updated question:

I believe, since the vacuum I use has a brush around the edges (the triangular type) that it is as sufficient as brushing.

The question is.....Which is better when it comes to brushing? Assume that debris (leaves, bugs, etc.) are already gone.

1. Brush vacuum into the filter
2. Brushing
3. Robotic vacuum

The way I see it, #1 does it all, #3 is in the middle, leaning toward #1.

Thoughts?

I have all 3 of the above. If I was scrubbing something well and make sure everything is wiped off, I would say the standalone brush (at least mine) is best. The brush around my vacuum does not have the same type or density of bristles.

My personal feeling is my robot is better than the brush/vacuum attachment. I am sure there are some better ones of these available, but I bought my robot within a week of my pool being completed, and have used the vacuum/brush combo only once.

For me, the #1 is the combo of brushing with the standalone brush, then following up with the robot to sweep up. I keep the fine filter in mine, and this picks up very small (down to 60 microns). And rely on sand filter to get rest.

So to summerize:

1 - When something really dirty/stuck on - brush well then robot
2 - Normal - bush along steps and ledge, then robot
3 - Quick clean - robot
4 - Brush alone
5 - Brush/vacuum combo

I have all 3 of the above. If I was scrubbing something well and make sure everything is wiped off, I would say the standalone brush (at least mine) is best. The brush around my vacuum does not have the same type or density of bristles.

My personal feeling is my robot is better than the brush/vacuum attachment. I am sure there are some better ones of these available, but I bought my robot within a week of my pool being completed, and have used the vacuum/brush combo only once.

For me, the #1 is the combo of brushing with the standalone brush, then following up with the robot to sweep up. I keep the fine filter in mine, and this picks up very small (down to 60 microns). And rely on sand filter to get rest.

So to summerize:

1 - When something really dirty/stuck on - brush well then robot
2 - Normal - bush along steps and ledge, then robot
3 - Quick clean - robot
4 - Brush alone
5 - Brush/vacuum combo

I spent much of my first season with my pool manually vacuuming. I had a hand-me-down Maytronics robot that worked well but used a bag to collect debris and it got to the point where cleaning it was such a chore I almost preferred manual vacuuming. With my new S300 I have tossed the vacuum hose and vacuum head. It just can't compare to the effectiveness of the newer robots. I still own a couple of brushes which are used primarily for corners and steps, otherwise, I drop the robot in, hose off the basket when it finishes and that's 98% of my cleaning regimen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.