Jandy iAqualink can't control Jandy heater modes and temps (confused)

Aug 25, 2015
Frisco/TX
Hi. I just had a new Aqualink RS installed with the iAqualink 2.0 WiFi. This replaced a broke PDA and aging board. Using the app, the Jandy heater will not switch from Spa to pool, and vice versa (but it says it has).
The installer told me the board only turns the heater on and off and it work via a different temp sensor.
The settings on the heater won't change. He said the PDA worked the same, I don't recall that.
So Sunday we were away from the house and I wanted to heat the pool a few degrees, I set it from the app. When I got home the pool was far exceeding the pool set temp. The Jandy heater panel was on Spa mode. What is the point of having pool and spa heat modes in the app if they don't change that on the heater? This can't be correct....right? Thanks. Jim

The installer is correct that the controller turns the heater on/off. There is a temp sensor in the piping that the automation unit uses to sense the temp and then based upon what you set the temperature to it will heat the water. The heater should be set to either the pool or the spa setting on the front of the unit and then the temp setting is cranked all the way up. The heater is no longer in control with an automation system hooked up correctly.

You should have a setting in your software to change the temp settings to your liking. If you do not have the manual, here is a link to it.

http://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/global/downloads/h/h0433600.pdf

Page 10 talks about setting your temps.

I wanted to heat the pool a few degrees, I set it from the app. When I got home the pool was far exceeding the pool set temp.
Was the iAqualink reporting the exceeded water temp? Or was it reporting more of a water temp that you set, and you were getting the exceeded temp from another sensor or from feel? Where is the water temp sensor located? It should be somewhere in the plumbing before the filter. Preferably between the filter and the pump.

The installer is correct that the controller turns the heater on/off. There is a temp sensor in the piping that the automation unit uses to sense the temp and then based upon what you set the temperature to it will heat the water. The heater should be set to either the pool or the spa setting on the front of the unit and then the temp setting is cranked all the way up. The heater is no longer in control with an automation system hooked up correctly.

You should have a setting in your software to change the temp settings to your liking. If you do not have the manual, here is a link to it.

http://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/global/downloads/h/h0433600.pdf

Page 10 talks about setting your temps.

Thanks. I tested that out and it worked. I am not sure why the pool got warmer the other day. Maybe temp calibration was off or something. But it tested out well now.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I don't understand the point of having separate pool/spa temps in iAquaLink when you have to physically walk over to the heater to select which mode you want. Pretty antiquated automation if you ask me. We're in the year 2021; the heater should be told by the controller what mode to be in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.