Need help with Jandy ePump/ AquaLink

gocubs418

May 3, 2016
Dallas/TX
Guys,

I am unsure how to set up my Jandy ePump properly. I am looking through AquaLink, I go to System Setup, then VSP Speed Setup, and I see

1. Pool 2750
2. Spa 3450
3 Cleaner 2750
4 Speed4 2750
5 Pool Heat 2250
6 Spa Heat 2250
7 Speed7 2750
8 In Floor 2750

I just want to figure out how to set up an optimal schedule for my Pump and save energy cost. My PB has it running 12 hours day. Can anyone teach me what I need to set this pool to and how to do it?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

I can offer a little advice, but at the same time, bump you back to the top of the list, for others to read.

I have a very similar situation, as far as equipment and pool size goes.
For the "how to do it" I assume that the PB left you all the owner's manuals. If not, they are easily obtained on line, at the Jandy website. I am using a different Jandy controller, so I will not suggest HOW to do the actual schedule set-up.
For the Schedule itself, there are A BUNCH of variables.
In my case, I too have the Aquapure. You can adjust the percentage of chlorine production in the aqua pure settings.

In order to be more energy efficient, if you turn down the speed of the pump, you will probably find that your chlorine level will drop accordingly, making it logical to increase the percentage of chlorine production.
In my case, I am trying to balance the time of day, length of run times, PRM's run and percentage of chlorine generation, in order to maximize the solar heating, while saving electricity and maintaining chlorine levels.
My current schedule, for example is: 8:00AM to 10:00 AM @ 3450. 10:00AM to 12:00PM @ 1700. 12:00PM to 4:00PM @1000.
The 3450 for two hours is plenty to keep the bottom looking great, with the pool sweep. (though it is using about 2500 watts!)
The 1000 rpms is still keeping the Aquapure generating chlorine, but isn't nearly as efficient in pumping up on the roof to utilize the solar well. But at 1000 rpms, I am only using 57watts.
If I turn it all the way down to 625RPM, it is only using 17 watts, but I can not even feel ANY pressure in the return lines, so I questioned it's practicality.

With some trial and error, you should be able to find a schedule that works for your specific application.

Good luck
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.