Calculating time to filter all the water once

itabb

Jun 22, 2007
Atlanta, GA
How do I calculate the probably amount of time it takes for all the water in my pool to theoretically go through my filter one time? I have a 15,000 gallong pool with a sta-rite 3 filter system. It says max is 125GPM. Pump is also sta-rite, 1.5HP 1.1kwatts. Also, how do I adjust this for a solar heater?

Right now, I run my pool 6 hours a day in two shifts, primarily based on testing, heating (solar), and use. I want to know the number of times I am turning my water over in those 6 hours. SWG is set to 10% and maintains the chlorine levels. Water is clear, CC is 0. So I think it is running enough.

Your subjective opinion is more important than calculating the number. The goal is for the water to be very clear and look the same everywhere. If you want to experiement you could try running it a couple of hours longer for several days and see if you can detect any difference. I suspect that you will want to run it a little longer in the very hottest weather.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.