Filling new pool tonight!! Question....

May 31, 2016
Nixa
Do I just ask PB to put enough stabilizer (CYA) to get me to 30PPM? Or do I have them go through complete setup and let them add pucks? I am planning on using bleach/MA, but don't know how this handoff is going to play out. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_5935.jpg
    IMG_5935.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 144
What a pretty pool that is going to be when all filled up! Nice liner choice :goodjob:

You need to talk to the PB and determine who is going to put in what- you don't want to accidentally duplicate your additions nor assume the other added something and they didn't. Your priority now is CYA and chlorine. Get the CYA granules put in a sock and ready to put in place (unless you choose the more costly, yet kind of convenient liquid CYA). Use bleach to add your chlorine.

Suggested Levels--> Pool School - Recommended Levels

Per PoolMath it will take 76 ounces by weight or 79 ounces by volume of granular cya to get you to 30ppm. That's a good starting point for you. If you choose to get the liquid cya it says to use 197 ounces.

32 ounces of 8.25% bleach will raise your FC up 1.1ppm. That's a handy number to put in your memory banks for when you want to do a quick dose of FC to your pool but don't want to run in the house and figure it out on PoolMath. So each quart you add to the water ups your FC by aprox 1ppm. ok?

Get to know PoolMath... she's your new best pool friend :)

Thanks YippeeSkippy! I have my bleach and CYA on standby ready to roll. Final 1/3 of my fill is tommorrow after they cut my bubblers into the liner. I appreciate the advice!!

BTW... that liner is a border-less Blue Pebble Beach from Fox Pools/Penfab. We stressed over liner selection and so happy with our choice!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.