Jandy Valve Actuator - Old vs New

Oct 28, 2013
Laguna Niguel, CA
I have what appears to be a older Jandy valve actuator. I replaced all my plumbing and added new Jandy valves. The new valves have a slightly smaller grooved post where the actuator slides into the valve post. I don't have the old Jandy valves so I cannot use their post/parts.

Do I know have to replace the entire actuator or is there any way I can modify to fit? Thx

The shaft on the valve that the handle connects to has four slots, one of the four slots is smaller, this allows for the handle to fit on the shaft only one way, the same configuration exists on the JVA.

All Jandy valve handles, and JVA's, can only be attached to the shaft one way, by lining up the small slot on the JVA to the small slot on the valve shaft you want to mount it to.

If you examine both the shaft slot configuration, and the JVA slots, you will see both have a small slot and three bigger slots, this avoids the "square peg in a round hole" scenario.

Most likely you are trying to mount the actuator in its normal location, and don't realize you have to orient the new valve shaft position to match the slots on the actuator so it slides on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.