Fired my pool guy and ready to start learning

Jul 6, 2016
Memphis, TN
So I bought a house with a pool and a spa and knew nothing about either, but I'm a handy, DIY kinda guy. I was planning on keeping my pool guy around while I was getting the hang of it, but after he told me "he doesn't spend a lot of time chasing PH", I had a feeling it wasn't going to work out. He also only uses test strips.

I've ordered a K-2006 test kit and few other items I've seen recommended here. I look forward to learning and contributing to this forum. Thanks for all the advice so far.

Welcome :)

I found TFPC to be so very easy after the first month or so of paying close attention to achieving chemical balance and getting comfortable with testing methodology.

I love TFPC. No shocking, no greening - just keep the FC in range everyday, and water keeps on sparkling. Taking care of my pool now is dang near boring . . .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.