Constant Rain - Advice needed

Simmer

Aug 25, 2016
FLORIDA KEYS
Hey Guys, over the last several days I have been trying to raise my FC and PH. The problem I am having is the constant rain in the Florida Keys. There is a tropical storm south of us, but we are being crushed with rain. Should I hold off on adding chemicals and trying to get my numbers inline? My daughter was going to have a pool party this weekend for her 3yr BDAY, but I don't think its going to happen.

I cant be the only one with this issue, so I a reaching out for advice. The numbers are skewed each time.

Definitely keep an eye on pH and FC. Remember the heavy rains will also tend to lower CYA if overflow continues for an extended period of time, so you may want to confirm that later. But for now, make sure you always have adequate FC to prevent an algae bloom. You can easily check pH as well just to make sure it doesn't start to get too high on you. Hope that helps.

Hello, fellow Floridian!

Fine and preferable to balance your water even in the midst of all the rains. You don't want to give room for algae to gain a foothold.

Best wishes for decent weather for the party!

Another fellow Floridian here. Believe me, this rain is nothing compared with an actual hurricane. I had to drain about four inches today up here in Central Florida. Keep your eyes on it. Test daily until the storm passes. Your daughter is probably too young to thank you, but her safety is more important than a few extra bucks of bleach and HCL. Good luck and we'll be thinking about you in a few days when it turns and drenches us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is your weather looking today, Simmer? We are getting pummeled today!

hey everyone. Believe it or not around 90 degrees and no rain at all. Hermine went underneath us and hooked up into North Florida. Poseidon spared us this time.

Tomorrow is the pool party. Im going to test tonight and make any final adjustments Im running my pump all night and put BOOST on this morning. I anticipate a lot of swimmers tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.