best type for a 27 round AGP. what are the options?

geoshecks

LifeTime Supporter
Hi folks,

Tried one of the suction and release type 6-7 years ago... the type that "hops" around the pool. It got stuck behind the pool steps and stayed in one place all night. It literally sucked a hole in my liner the size of a quarter. Could not patch properly due to sand loss underneath, so I've had a sandbag there ever since. Thinking about trying again. Recommendations? Liner is 15 y/o.... want to be careful.

Thanks all! :)

Hi :)

I'm not real sure about all the different cleaners out there. I've only had my pool for 1 and a half seasons so far, and just finished a baquacil to bleach conversion. I just use the hoses and vac the pool came with for a more thorugh cleaning.

For a lighter cleaning I bought a pool blaster, it runs on a rechargable battery with NO hoses! I lot of people have said they have had problems with it, but I LOVE mine! I do add a skimmer sock to the pre-existing filter to catch the finer particles. It's not automatic so you have to be in the pool to operate it. I don't mind as I find it kind of relaxing when no one is in the pool, I just crank the tunes and sweep away...haha

We have tried a number of different cleaners for years, some that were manual and some that were automatic but not robots and finally got ourselves a Pool Rover Jr last year. Best thing since sliced bread. Set it and forget it. It does not get stuck at my stairs, it does not need a dedicated pump or pressure source - I can run it before I even hook up my pump and hoses for the season. It works well in very cold water at opening vs. some of the autocleaner robots that slow to a crawl or stop completely in cold water. It also filters the water so it removes the dead algae too. I love my PRJ and my pool is so CLEAN.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.