The downside of a solar cover

PaulR

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 11, 2009
Cupertino, CA
So I'm out shooing my polaris away from the wedding-cake steps where it likes to hang out (I guess it has a sweet tooth), and I notice the top step looks kinda dingy. My cover doesn't actually cover the steps, it's a little too small. Swoosh the step with my hand, a cloud of dust appears... huh, maybe this is the pollen everybody keeps talking about...

Water level is a bit low so I drag out the hose and pull back the cover on the deep end to drop the end in, and... my light... it's not shiny. It's GREEN!

Guess I haven't been quite as careful about my FC as I shoulda been. :oops: I know what to do, it's just annoying.

The moral is: Trouble Free doesn't mean don't pay attention! Gotta peek under the covers once in a while. (Haven't been swimming that much yet.)
--paulr

Mkay. I'm good. :mrgreen:

BTW, I'm liking this dark blue solar cover. Water stayed 78 degrees despite the cold temps last night, and cooler temps the last 2 days. I shut my heater off since no one is/will be swimming for a while.

I had basically zero FC loss since yesterday evening....it really takes the UV out of the equasion....wow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.