Comparison of the Cost of Three Basic Inground Pool Types

I'm trying to determine how the costs of the three basic in ground pool types (unite, fiberglass, and liner) compare.

We might be moving at some point, and I'm trying to get a ballpark estimate of the three different types of pools, everything else being equal.

If I understand things, a gunite pool would be the most expensive.

So, if that's the case, then can anyone here offer estimates of "Liner pool cost is 50% of gunite....Fiberglass is 75% of gunite cost..." Something like that.

We're trying to budget for a pool, and know that our in ground gunite pool cost $40,000 only 4 years ago. We are willing to consider a liner or fiberglass pool, but need to know how much lower their cost might be compared to gunite.

Thanks!

It's also highly dependent on which region you live in. When It looked like I'd be getting a house without a pool I reached
out to the highest rated builder nearby, they had a special for a very basic in ground vinyl package totaling: $ 20k.

I was going to do that, but ended up finding a house with a pool at the last minute.

Location makes a big difference also, in some markets plaster (gunite) pools are much more price competitive with fiberglass and vinyl liner pools than in other parts of the country (parts of Florida and Texas come to mind). Cost should also not be the only deciding factor when choosing a type of construction, for example vinyl liner pools are very popular in the northeast due to the ground heave issues much of this area experiences in the winter, which can cause serious problems with other types of pool construction.

OK....I guess it was an "it depends" question impossible to answer.

I was thinking there was some sort of ballpark percentage estimate possible...apparently it's not possible.

Thanks.

Not only that, but there are numerous other factors to consider. For example, my neighbor went for fiberglass but due to local transport restrictions he had limitations on how large he could go (they ship in one piece).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.