New pool is up!

May 29, 2015
Wahpeton, ND
We worked our butts off this weekend but got the pool up and landscaping done! Its a 24' Vogue pool we bought used. Don't know the model, if anyone has a clue on that, I'd love to know :) A great upgrade from our 22' intex ultra frame that was destroyed when a tree fell on it a year ago.
We hired out the land excavation to accomodate the larger size. Did it ourselves the first time and even though we have all the needed tools, the ground was not perfect, and we wanted perfect for this pool. After that, the whole project went as smooth as one could hope for :) We used foam cove and sand for the bottom. Installed a j-hook liner and used a shop vac as instructed. It worked just like all the videos I have seen! Not a single wrinkle anuwhere in the liner. We did burn up our shop vac, but to me the smooth bottom is worth the $150 vac replacement. I still have to cut the skimmer in sometime today and am pretty nervous :)
Since our lawn is already messed up from the project and needs major repair, we decided to just go ahead and tackle the landscaping right away. I am loving the look of the large river rock! And now we won't have dogs running around the pool chasing splashes making a mud track around the pool :)PhotoGrid_1472479972737-1.jpg

Looks good. A few questions if you don't mind.
When you bought it used, what state was it in(filled and ready to swim, filled but green, empty, unassembled)? If unassembled how did you evaluate it's condition. If set up, who did the deinstall and how did it go?
Also, new liner or same one from previous owner?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Looks good. A few questions if you don't mind.
When you bought it used, what state was it in(filled and ready to swim, filled but green, empty, unassembled)? If unassembled how did you evaluate it's condition. If set up, who did the deinstall and how did it go?
Also, new liner or same one from previous owner?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Pool was disassembled and being stored in a trailer when we purchased. And actually the ppl we bought it from had bought or got it and never set it up because It was too large for their area. So we really took a gamble purchasing :) since the wall was rolled up in a coil, we had no way of knowing if there was any rust, and the ppl we purchased from had never had it unrolled either. We did buy a new liner...knowing you cannot reuse a liner and the old one wasn't with the pool either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.