Understanding My Plumbing Setup

Apr 27, 2014
Central FL
Basic setup and question.

Coming from the outlet of the filter, the pipe branches off into two. One of the two split pipes goes in to the ground, presumably straight to the pool/returns.

The other pipe from the split goes through a valve, then to a chemical feeder (which I don't use), then into the ground.

Do these two pipes meet up again underground? I thought if they did join up, then it would be plumbed above ground. The obvious answer being that there is no spa or fountain is that they do come back together. Only reason I am asking and looking to understand for sure is because I have to replace the filter (whole thing/body) and while replumbing was thinking of cutting out the feeder altogether. But if they join back together underground somewhere maybe I should just leave it.

Link for animated .gif panning pool equipment
lHSvA0e.gifv

And in case that .gif doesn't work:
ArBGRiA.jpg

Xq4xXfb.jpg

Yeah all three have water coming out. So I guess that answers the question that they meet again underground. Like I said I just wanted to cut out the feeder. Would it be best to leave it then in this case.

Just not sure why would be done that way.

Yeah kind of weird makes me wonder if there used to be a water feature or something that the line with the Jandy valve went to. If that feeder isn't leaking I'd just leave it in there. Gives you a means of adding tabs if you ever need them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.