Hayward Navigator or Ultra Pool Vac?

miami

Apr 28, 2007
I'm in the market for a new in-ground pool vac for my pool. I had my pool resurfaced with diamondbrite and it is an L shaped pool. I would consider the pool to be smaller in size. Soon it will be a salt water system. When we moved in the previous owners left a Hayward that seemed to do the job. We eventually bought a Baracuda. The Baracuda did not work well at all and ended up falling apart. I was thinking of purchasing a new Hayward. Does anyone have a suggestion on which Hayward would work best or if they have experience with one or the other? Thanks so much!

I love my Hayward Ultra. I have had it for 4 years, and just recently had to replace the wear parts (feet, wings, flaps) which come in a kit that I got on ebay for about $30. It had a minor issue lately of only turning in one direction (it is supposed to alternate left and right turns), but that seems to have been resolved. I am not sure what diamondbrite is, but I have a pebble pool.

I loved my navigator for about 6 mos, then hated it - it would constantly get stuck on my main drain covers, even though the main drains were off. I replaced shoes, wings, and adjusted suction with no improvement. I gave it to my father in law and bought a 2 wheel pool cleaner, and it has been happy sailing since.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.