Hey! New Owner to an endless pool

Aug 28, 2016
LosGatos/CA
Hi! We just purchased a home with an endless pool that hasn't particularly been well maintained...I intend to use it for exercise; it is 4000 gals and vinyl sided. Just had a water analysis done by Leslies, and after replacing double small filters and silver insert, still have cloudy water. The FAC is 0, the TAC is 0, the Calcium hardness is 240 , (OK), and the CYA is Low -0. Phosphates are high @ 200, but all other reading are OK.

Have just added 3oz Quick dissolving chlorinated chlorine.

Two questions:
1/ get FLO on electronic reader, ONLY when I put fast lane motor on,
2/What's up with the cloudiness?

Thanks. Really want to use my pool...;(

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :)

We use and recommend Trouble Free Pool Care (TFPC). You can read about it here: TFPC for Beginners

You will need a recommended test kit in order to take control of your pool. There are two readily available water testing kits approved for TFPC. The most often recommended kit is this one: TFTestkits.net

You will very likely need the XL option when clearing a pool.

In the meantime, it's best to avoid use of powdered or solid forms of chlorine. While waiting for your test kit to arrive, add 6 cups of 8.25% bleach and then 3 cups per day after that to keep the pool from getting any worse.

Finally, please click the link in my signature below called "Read Before Posting". In order to get the best possible advice here, follow the instructions there including how to add your own signature.