Using 2 winter covers

Jun 7, 2013
Millville, PA
Just wondering if anyone out there has ever used 2 winter covers when closing their pool. I kept my old one from last season but I just decided I don't feel confident using it for another season. My thought is maybe putting it over top of the new one I ordered and let it act as a sacrificial cover for my new one to protect it from the sun. Any thoughts? The only thing I can think of is possibly the weight.

I think you might have trouble keeping them both in place, depending on how you anchor them. I picture the bottom one sliding out of place below the top. If you get that sorted out, I don't see any reason you couldn't use the old one on top.

I double covered mine one year because the old one had some small tears in it and I posted a new one. I placed the new one over top with no ill effects, judy made sure it was dry and debris free before installing the new one. We have a 24' round aboveground.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.