Superflow pump problems

May 23, 2012
Whatever happened, happened suddenly when the pump was running. Now, it wont pump. The shaft is spinning, and I can hand turn the impeller, but its not moving water. It is making a slight rattling sound, like a loose garbage disposal that is running empty.

I tried to follow the motor removal instructions, but after taking off the 4 motor bolts, the motor wont come off. It just rotates freely. Its supposed to be 'carefully removed' after taking the 4 bolts off. I'm stuck since taking the whole pump put would involve me cutting pipe.

Any thoughts?

The impeller is threaded onto the motor shaft so you have to first take the pump apart and remove it.

- - - Updated - - -

Remove the bolts holding the pump together, remove diffuser and impeller and then the seal plate can be removed from the motor.

So are the 4 bolts you took off labeled 12/13 in the picture below?

SuperFlo_webL.gif

There is a tight seal which keeps the motor mounting plate sealed to the pump housing. You may have to slowly rock it back and forth to remove.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So it is.

The impeller itself didn't really thread on to the shaft, cleanly. It seems stripped, but with the lock bolt in it is tight and rotates cleanly with the shaft. I'm thinking I still need a new impeller?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.