Panzer

Jun 2, 2009
South Chicago burbs
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Thought I'd intro... I'm Panzer from South of the Windy. New to the forum & already finding lots of good info.

This will be our second year with a pool, managed to get through the first year with no issues (thanks mostly to blind luck & some advice from a few friends w/ pools).

Wanted to get a bit more educated about things so as to avoid problems in the future.

Thanks for allowing me to participate.

Respectfully,
Panzer

Thanks to all for the kind welcome.

Pool Mom... Guess you weren't kiddin' with the neighbor comment. I'm in Lockport, just down from the Wolf ranch.

Thanks for the link to the sanitizer thread. The Nature2 was part of the system when we bought the house (not my doin') but, I've actually been quite pleased with it.

To be honest I view the Nat2 as a suppliment to the chlorine, not a replacement for it. (typically run FC between 0.5-1ppm)

I'm not sure what to make of Waterbear's comment:
"How about if the 'minerals' are copper sulfate and silver nitrate? Still sounding healthy and chemical free? (Actual ingredients listed on the box of the Nature2 system by Zodiac!)"

I work routinely with AgNO3 & CuSO4, (lab rat) so I'm familiar with many of their properties. Both have medicinal uses.

I am learning quite a bit here.... and I'm greatful to all you mods & contributors.

Thanks again,
Panzer

Panzer said:
Thanks for the link to the sanitizer thread. The Nature2 was part of the system when we bought the house (not my doin') but, I've actually been quite pleased with it.

To be honest I view the Nat2 as a suppliment to the chlorine, not a replacement for it. (typically run FC between 0.5-1ppm)

[/color]

FC of .5-1ppm is too low for ANY pool. Do you know your CYA level? FC Levels are directly related to CYA levels, and even at a CYA of 20, 1ppm would be too low.

BTW, I was quite happy with my Pool Frog (ionizer system) for the first three years. Then it was all down hill from there.

Good luck, let us know if there's any assistance we can provide.

frustratedpoolmom said:
FC of .5-1ppm is too low for ANY pool. Do you know your CYA level? FC Levels are directly related to CYA levels, and even at a CYA of 20, 1ppm would be too low.

BTW, I was quite happy with my Pool Frog (ionizer system) for the first three years. Then it was all down hill from there.

Good luck, let us know if there's any assistance we can provide.
My CYA is 20... and right now my FC is at 2.4ppm as I'm just starting a new Nat2 cartridge. It'll stay there at least 4 days with pump running constant. Then I plan to let the FC drift down a bit.

Sorry to hear your bad experience with the PFrog. I'm learning all the time with this, I'm sure that I'll have questions for you all as time goes by.
I'm still tryin' to figure out the best option for the solar cover (reel, folding, hang from side)... hadn't thought about sectioning it until I read some of the great ideas here.

Thanks again,
Panzer