where do i start???

FC = 10.5
CC = .5
TC = >5
pH = 7.2
T/A = 20
CH = 160
CYA = 40
Temp = no temp gauge yet... will get one!

Pool is still very green---brighter than last night
seems as though the algae is growing again

still cannot see the bottom
stabilizer has only been in for 24 hours
Can I start vacuuming to waste now????

Your TA was 80 on Friday and 20 today?

I suggest you retest for TA. Wipe the dropper with a damp cloth between drops.

You will need to adjust your shock level with your CYA level. Shock level for CYA of 40 is about 16.

Rechecked the TA. You were right. It is 10 not 20.
Friday was the first time to ever check so I probably did it wrong that day

checked it twice this time and it was 10

on my way to get more chlorine
when do i worry about the rest of the numbers????

All I am worried about right now is the FC and the CC... right???
as long as my pH is between 7.2 and 7.8... correct?????

A TA level of 10 or 20 is way too low and should be raised immediately. Add baking soda to bring the TA level up to 60 for now, and then see if any further adjustments are required when you are done shocking.

around 1:00
FC = 10
CC = .5
TC = >5
pH = 7.6
T/A = 125
CH =
CYA = 40

Added more chlorine according to pool calculator
more vacuuming

3:30
FC = 13.5
CC = .5
TC = >5
pH = >8
T/A = 125
CH =
CYA =

added more chlorine; baking soda and muriatic acid
more vacuuming

5:00 pm
FC = 15
CC = .5
TC = >5
pH = 7.6
T/A = 100
CH = 100
CYA = 40

I cannot see that I am making any headway at all. I am about to add more chlorine to try to raise it to 16. this is day 3. I am ready to drain and start over!!!!!!!!!! I really did have a swamp to begin with... with leaves and algae and hickory nuts!!!! I think maybe you just did not realize how bad it was!!! It still feels really bad on the bottom. It is a green swamp but I am in there vacuuming!!!! YUCK!!!!!!

How much longer do i give it????

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How much longer do i give it????
Well, you have few options but to stay with it. Draining and refilling will not work. You'll still have to shock your pool.

You are not using enough chlorine. I would dose the pool to 20ppm (since it is consuming chlorine so rapidly) and I would keep bringing it to 20ppm each time I tested.

You only need to test and report FC and CC 'til your pool is clear. CYA and the other parameters will remain stable so no need to test them.

You must get the solid junk off the bottom. It sounds like you cannot see and I understand that's a hassle but you must make the effort to get your bottom clean......it will help a lot with clearing your pool.

Get some POP and keep the chlorine loaded up in your pool.....it will clear.

I agree with duraleigh! You must get the junk off the bottom of the pool if there is any! Do you have a leaf rake? They are pretty awesome at grabbing a heap of junk in a swipe or two. You can find them at WallyWorld in the pool isle. You will lose a lot of chlorine to all the junk if you don't get it out of there!

Keep shocking and remember, your pool didn't turn this nasty green in 3 days, it ain't gonna clear in 3 days!

SHOCK! SHOCK! SHOCK! :whip:

I think I lead you wrong. I believe I have all the SOLID stuff off the bottom... when I said that it feels really bad... I was talking about still slimy on the bottom. I have put 6 -182 oz gal and 5 - 96 oz bottles of bleach. I have 2-182's left and I am going to put those in now and see if there is any difference in the color tomorrow morning. My son came by and he said that he thought the color was not quite so grass green as it was yesterday and Saturday!

Thanks for all your help and encouragement... I will keep working on it!!! :grrrr:
:?:
I do have some Yellow Klear I bought this year BEFORE I found this website.... should I put that in there, too??????????

[duraleigh]You only need to test and report FC and CC 'til your pool is clear.
good.... i am almost out of some the test supplies already!

FC=21
CC=.5
visibility to about 6-8 inches below water level
nothing has changed since last night

On my way to get more chlorine for the day!

Forgot to ask.... we changed our sand to zeobrite and I think this is the 3rd or 4th year. Should I change it again??? just doesn't seem to be filtering like it should. which is best: sand or zeobrite?????

I found some zeobrite cleaner... maybe i need to get some of that???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.