New Intex ulra lite pool 18 x 52

Aug 27, 2016
lewes DE
We have had an intex ultra lite pool for 6 years. There was an inlet hole and outlet hole. the skimmer attached to the inlet hole. We purchased a new intex ultra lite pool this year and noticed there were three holes in the side of the pool. Two inlet holes and one outlet hole. there was no place for the over the wall skimmer. So we attached the hoses for the two inlet holes to the filter outlet side, making them outlets and attached the outlet hole to the inlet side of the filter. We then hooked up the skimmer to the inlet hole. We also took the plastic covers off of the (now) outlet holes which gives us a very good water pressure into the pool. This solved the problem of the 3 holes in the pool side and the skimmer works fine also. The vacuum for the pool also works fine with this setup. I cannot understand why there would be no allowance for a skimmer for the new pool. Thank goodness my husband is a jack of all trades, Our pool and filter work great now.

A lot of people, myself included, have cut in a real above ground pool wall skimmer, with great results I may add. Mine I aligned the top set of screws with the center of the top overlap joint, directly above of the original suction outlet, soas to keep my return jet "upstream" of the skimmer therefore improving circulation. Water moves in a clockwise direction north of the equator, counter clockwise south of the equator. I did lose a bit of water level, but my pool is dished about ten inches in the center, so good for the kids and me as well.
I have two of the intex sidewall skimmers in storage now.