12v 35w? 120v 20w?? Help!

I'm completely lost as to how to find a compatible replacement bulb for my pool light.

Currently have a Pentair Amerlite white light (I don't know the wattage/voltage of the bulb that is currently installed) and I want to replace it with a multi-color LED bulb. Problem is, I don't understand the wattage/voltage differences and which bulb I should purchase.

Anyone up for giving a quick primer on Electricity 101? lol

Without pulling the bulb that is currently in there there is not much I can tell you. Do you have a transformer?

There are replacement bulbs for that light fixture that are color changing LED.

If you are reasonably handy you can go to this video that will teach you how to replace your bulb. Then take it to your favorite pool store or call Inyo pools and they will sell you an LED replacement.

How to Replace a Pool Light Bulb - INYOPools.com

Finally, you are in Palm Springs California a town with tons of old pools. Many of those electrical systems are not protected by a GFCI. If yours is not, or if you don't know you should have one installed immediately. Talking to a pool service about installing a water bond and deck bonding would also be advisable if you have an older pool.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just had an electrician out to bond and ground all of my equipment (yes, I know they are 2 different things!)
My pool service guy said he's happy to change out the bulb for me. There is no transformer. But yes - there is a GFCI and it's working fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.