pH rising too fast

dtrujillo63

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 25, 2015
Los Angeles
My pool is just over a year old and has always had a high acid demand, adding acid every other day would keep my pH balanced. I recently installed a SWG (IC40) and now I have to add acid everyday. I bring the pH level down to 7.2 and 36 hours later my pH will be 8.0+ (off the scale). Here are my readings, is there anything I can do to slow down the pH rising so fast?

FC: 6.0
CC: 0.0
pH: 7.4
TA: 60
CH: 700-800 (I have really hard water in my area)
CYA: 50
SALT: 3800

I have a SWG and tons of aeration. I would also have to add acid every couple of days and it was a hassle. I installed an IntellipH and best decision ever! Now my pH is rock solid at 7.7 and IntellipH doses every hour when SWG is on. IntellipH is only a duty cycle system but that's all you need for pH control. I don't see automation in your signature, so IntellipH will also give you the ability to control your SWG in 1% increments vs 20%. Pretty easy to self install (if I can do it, anyone can do it), and plug and play with intellichlor. Here's a link to my thread when I was looking to install an IntellipH:

Pentair IntellipH?

good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.