Automation not shutting off pump - bad relay?

Flippy

Jan 8, 2011
Richmond, Texas
Hi All -

Last night when I was going to bed I heard the pool pump was still running. I went to the panel and it was showing off. I could change the mode to whatever I wanted but in the off position it would not turn off. I power cycled it from the breaker box but it would still not turn off. I ended up turning everything off at the breaker box to look at it this morning. I get up this morning and turn it back on and it was no longer running. I switch it to pool mode ran it for a few minutes and turned it off but again it did not shut off. Reset at the breaker box and it turned off again. Do you think this could be caused by a bad relay switch? Is there a way I can tell if it is bad? I have a Polaris EOS automation E3 which has been long discontinued. Thanks

You could hook up a volt meter to the relay and see if the system is sending the signal to the relay when it's suppose to shut off. If you don't see it, then I would say the controller is bad.

I think it is a bad relay. I turned the pool on then back off while the front panel was off. The light went off on the mother board but the pool remained on. I tapped the relay with the end of a screw driver and the pool shut off like normal. At least this should be an easy cheap fix.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.