LED pool light voltage problem

Aug 26, 2016
Jensen Beach
My pool is 2.5 years old and for the last couple of months the LED pool light has been dim most off the times and then perfect other times. Mostly only the green light is normal (but can fade to dim) and the other colors are very dim. I think it might be a voltage problem, but I don't know. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix diagnose/fix this problem? It's a small 10x20 in ground salt water pool. Thanks for any help! - Michael

Whats the brand and model of the light? How do you control the light and change colors? Do you have a multi meter?

The electricity doesn't know the color of the light nor does it care. My first suspect would be a bad bulb.

I'll check on the brand and model, but the way we control the light is by switching the light switch off and on to change colors. Last night I had the green on (since it's the only one that's consistent) and it was regular brightness for about 2 hours and then went to about half the illumination. Thanks for your quick reply. I'll get you the make and model when I get home this afternoon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.