Sharkline Heritage or Outdoor Leisure Epic STR?

Aug 26, 2016
Port Clintin, OH
The price is within $100.
Epic (looks like Leslie's Epic, probably same pool):

• 7" steel top ledge
  • 6" steel uprights
  • 5 layer coating

Heritage :
7" bullnose steel top rails with a resin two piece cap
6-1/2" column-style steel uprights
1" bottom rail system
"krystal coated"

The Epic has a longer warranty, but I feel warranties or more of a sales tool than valuable to the consumer in AGPs (due to drastic prorated warranty/overall costs of repairs).

Sales guy for the Epic says its a better pool, but only reason he gave me is his 25 years of experience in industry.
I cant find any reviews of the epic, but the Heritage has positive reviews on this site.

I have not got any details on the steel from Sharkline yet (have not responded to requests yet), but the I got this info from the Epic sales guy:
The walls consist of .016 galvanized steel with a 5 coat process. The bottom rail has no specs. I can tell you that the manufacturer that makes the shark line makes the garden leisure as well which means the raw material will all be very similar.

Any help with deciding including personal reviews of both models/companies would be great. I live in Northern Ohio, so freezing will occur.

Last edited:
Yeah, the overall look seems to be about the only thing I can compare. I am having a lot of difficulty determining the gauge of walls and bottom ring let alone the grade/type of steel used. The only differences you can easily find between pools is price, warranty, and upright/top rail width. Not enough info in my opinion to determine quality in between pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.