Please review/critique this pool package, especially the pump and filter setup!

Aug 18, 2013
Austin, TX
Hi All,

I'm narrowing down a pool package and would like to get some feedback. This will be our first pool so we're not looking to spend a ton of money, but we would like half-decent components. Here's what I've selected so far:

15'x54" Saltwater 8000 Round Pool w/Hayward Thru-Wall Skimmer & Return Fitting
Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1hp 2-speed pump (#SP15922S)
Hayward 18" Sand Filter S180T
15'x54" Round Uni-Bead Portofino Liner - 25 Gauge
Ocean Blue Mighty Step
15' Round Peel N' Stick Foam Pool Cove
15' Round Space Age Silver/Blue Solar Cover
Solaxx Saltron Retro Saltwater Chlorine Generator SALRET20A
Pool Rover Jr

The total so far is about $3400

What do you guys think so far? I'm especially looking for some feedback on the pump and filter setup. I was hoping to find a combo integrated pump/filter system for simplicity's sake and to save money, but they're rarely offered with 2-speed pumps, or if they do the pump is much more HP than I need. However, if you know of one that's under $500 please let me know. Right now the separate pump and filter I listed come out to about $550, not counting whatever accessories I may need to buy to get them to play together.

Thoughts, suggestions, advice?

That is a great pump for your pool and the filter is plenty big too.

I am not sure there are any combo units that are similar ... usually the pump is too big or the filter is too small.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.