Can't identify the part I need

jaya

May 28, 2016
Tewksbury
Hello

I don't know the proper terms.

There's a 2 inch UNION COLLAR that attaches the PVC pipe to the top of my pump. The PVC pipe is 1.5 inch, so the adapter that the collar holds down reduces from 2" to 1.5". I can't figure out what part the adapter is. I need to replace it.

The union collar is part number U11-200PS - 2 inches: Amazon.com: Pentair u11-200ps 2-Inch Union Collar Replacement Pool/Spa Filter and Pump: Patio, Lawn Garden

The 2" version of the adapter, which came with the union collar, is "U11-196PS SLIP PVC". I have found "reducer bushings" of the correct size, but they don't seem to support the ORing.

This is what it came with. Amazon.com: Pentair U11-196PS 2-Inch Slip Union Adapter Replacement Pool/Spa Filter and Pump: Patio, Lawn Garden
I need the 2" reducing to 1.5" version of that.

Can anyone help me identify what this part is? There are currently 2 in my system, so they exist, but aren't identified. Or, do I use the 2" and use a different part to reduce it after?

Thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.