Walls and Bottom Green, Should I Shock?

Apr 19, 2016
Baton Rouge/LA
Greetings all,

I have an AGP and I have an Intex Sand/Saltwater Generator filter. Recent storms shut the power off to the pump, and I was working for several days (National Guard). Therefore, I was unable to get it turned back on until a few days ago. The water seems to have cleared up, but the bottom and sides are covered with green algae. Should I shock the pool to get it back right? We have some folks coming over one week from tomorrow, and I would like to get it back right before then if possible.

Not an expert, but I've learned a lot from this forum. I think you should 1) brush, brush, brush and 2) SLAM. Check your levels with Taylor test kits and use Pool Calculator to see how much chlorine to use.
But, please, ask the moderators/experts.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Thank you for your service! If you need financial assistance with getting a recommended testkit, Pool School - Test Kits Compared , please send me a private message. Click on my name and click send PM.

It's really hard to help much without reliable testkit numbers... In the meantime, we can help you get the pool better. Let us know the size/volume of your pool. Add a jug of household bleach, (no splasess or scented) for now and brush the entire pool 1-2 times daily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.