Recommendations for type and brand of winter safety cover

Jun 26, 2015
Duncan, OK
We have a new pool and are needing a winter cover. I had no idea there were so many options or how expensive they were! We want a safety cover that screws into the concrete. We cannot go with a standard size because we have a swim out on one side. What kind and brand do you recommend? I have read several people saying that the micro mesh is better than the solid. Opinions please?

I recommend the highest version mesh cover of Merlin or Loop-Loc. Very similar.

Arctic Armor with the mesh panel. There will be a very dark spot right under the mesh panel, if you use all mesh that dark spot will be all over the pool.

Besides, how is the cat supposed to enjoy his water bed with it all being mesh
IMG_20151121_0843094_rewind.jpg

Just for reference, my winter pool cover only touches the water when there is snow on it. Otherwise it's pretty tight. We lower our pool water about 16" below the coping. Then when the water level rises with rain/snow, we are sure to pump it down to keep it below the tile at all times until all danger of frozen water is gone to keep the waterline tile ice-free. The above picture looks like the water is maintained at a much higher level than I keep mine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.