Controllers for Jandy ePump

Jul 2, 2012
Cupertino,CA
I recently purchased a Jandy variable speed JEP 2.0 ePump. I was under the impression that this would be controlled by my Jandy AquaLink RS, PDA.
WRONG!!
I am now told, by customer support at Jandy, that only a 4.0 version and newer AquaLink will run the ePump.
I have a few options.

I am thinking about ordering a Jandy "IQPUMP-01". It costs about $100, and if I understand it, it will control just the pump, but nothing else that is connected to the AquaLink. It interfaces with the pump, using an app on the smart phone.
This really wasn't what I had in mind, but I can not justify the cost of replacing the whole AquaLink system, or doing the $600 upgrade to the existing.

Do any of you have experience with the Jandy IQpump??
I'd really like to know in advance how "user-friendly" it is.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Thanks for the bump, even if it still didn't bring a response.
So... for future reference:
I installed a Jandy IQpump-01 yesterday. (this is on a new Jandy 2HP V.S. pump)
It was a very easy installation, just follow the well written instructions.
Because to pool was without circulation for 4 weeks, my water was pretty cloudy. I did my best to keep the chemicals close, but nothing was filtered.

After the water finishes clearing, I will go back and start playing with speed/time settings, to see what works best with my situation.
With the old pump,(2 HP 3450 rpm) I ran the SWG @ 40 percent, to keep the chlorine up during the summer.
I would imagine that I will have to increase the chlorine generation considerably, if I want to benefit from the cost savings of the lower speeds.

I will continue looking through previous posts, but I am curious about turnover rates. Is there a "rule of thumb" that is used for a standard turnover?

The other thing that I am anxious to see is next month's electric bill!
I was without a pump for a little over 4 weeks. This coincided, within a few days, with the 30 day billing period.
During the 30 day period with NO pump, my electric bill dropped $212.

One of the neat features of the IQpump01, is that you can look at your phone or computer, to see "right now" how many rpm's the pump is turning and how many watts are being consumed.

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.