Hayward VS pump issue

The impeller might be clogged. You could check by cutting power to the pump completely and checking the impeller with a long needle nose pliers or screwdriver and inserting it in the suction hole of the housing... Only do this after ensuring power has been cut off namely at the breaker panel.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Bearings should not fail with a pump where the warranty is still good. Did you take apart the wet end to make sure there is nothing stuck in the impeller?

Not sure exactly what failed on the pump but it's back up and running thanks to Hayward warranty. I notice a new back cover on the dry side of the pump. I know a 1 year old pump shouldn't fail but it's great having a manufacturer stand behind their products. I called the builder expecting to get "sorry for your problem " line and just getting a random warranty hot line number for me to get in touch with Hayward. Instead my builder worked with a Hayward technician to schedule a repair in no time.

Only had one other issues with equipment (Aqua Pod)that one of members here help get replaced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.