New pool owner and wanting to learn

Aug 25, 2016
Prairieville, LA
Hey everyone! We bought a house with a pool in December, so we are still in the process of learning how everything works. I don't even know what kind of pool we have, how big it is, or how much water it holds lol. I hope I can learn a few things now that I'm here. Now to just find where I can post about detecting a leak, that would be awesome!

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: No worries, we can help. If you're not sure about your pool and equipment, try posting some pics. Have you tried linking your photos from Photobucket? That's what many of us do here on TFP. Upload your pics to Photobucket (free), then copy & paste the IMG code for that pic from Photobucket to your TFP post. Works great.

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. Or you can click EDIT YOUR SIGNATURE. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post. Don’t forget to include your test kit in the signature. :)

If you don't have a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit, that would be step #1. As for the leak, you can post that in Above Ground pools (if it applies) or Just Getting Started. We can always move it later if needed.