superflo vs communicating to solartouch

Aug 25, 2016
la canada, ca
First time poster, thanks in advance for your help.
I am a first time pool owner as of this past year and learning (mostly the hard way) the intricacies of having a pool. I had a pentair superflo VS installed and went to solar heating with a solartouch panel. In hindsight, I should have gone with an intelliflo but I didn't have the big picture in mind when changing the pump under home warranty. I've read a few threads about a Pentair P/N 353129Z that would allow my pump to automatically increase the speed (need 3000 rpm) when the solar is activated and bring it back down when the solar is inactive. Before purchasing the cable, do I have this correct and if so, are the relays located on the back of the solartouch panel? Could someone give me an idea of which wires I would need to connect into which relays? I've tried reading the manuals for solartouch and superflo but I find myself more confused than before. I've asked my pool maintenance person as well but he seems just as confused. Thanks for your replies.

That is the correct cable. When wired properly it will trigger a the programmed speed on your vs pump. As to how you need to wire it exactly I don't know off the top of my head.

naz,

It does not appear to me that the SolarTouch has any relays that would be needed to control the Superflo with the 353129Z cable. The way the Superflo gets controlled is via relays in the control system. You would need one relay for each speed you want to use. (Up to 4 speeds)..

Sorry,

Jim R.

I'm trying to figure out this same thing. It looks as though the solartouch does have a solar pump booster relay, but not having a unit...I can't be sure. It would be nice to see a voltage reading as well.

Nazmanster, did you ever try this? How'd it turn out?

thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.