Three baby turtles in my skimmer-- what do I do and how how does it affect pool chem?

Clyde

Jun 6, 2016
Western Connecticut
To my horror, I opened up the skimmer seconds ago and found three baby turtles in there, all alive. They were all approximately 3 inchse in length. I am not sure how they got in the pool because I have never seen turtles around here before (I live in CT).

How does this affect how I treat the pool? Should I boost up the chlorine (it is currently at the recommended level)? Thanks.

I have gotten countless frogs in my pool. I don't worry about the chemicals unless they're dead.

I found a baby turtle walking down our street (private road in rural area) and I brought him to a local river and released him. Hoping he was ok.

I have gotten countless frogs in my pool. I don't worry about the chemicals unless they're dead.

I found a baby turtle walking down our street (private road in rural area) and I brought him to a local river and released him. Hoping he was ok.

There is a big difference between amphibians and reptiles...one needs to live in and around water, the other doesn't. Guess which one a turtle is?

We need more good people in this world like you who are willing to stop what they are doing, and take the time to help all lost and disoriented creatures! Good luck!!

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

True turtles are reptiles but turtles live at or near the water because they need it like amphibians. Frogs are amphibians who live near or in water, turtles are reptiles that live in or near water. Toads are amphibians that live on dry land but near a water source of sorts. Tortoises are very similar to turtles but don't live in or near water and need very little water to survive, though they can swim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.