Brand new circuit board - no power lights

Aug 24, 2016
lees summit, mo
Here is my story - I would appreciate any suggestions. We moved into a house with a salt water pool. I have been learning the maintenance of the pool for a year now. Last year the power light went out on the circuit board and thanks to this forum I figured out how to replace the delimeter? So that was a cheap fix. Recently, the circuit board was showing lower and lower salt levels even though the salt was fine. I cleaned the salt cell and that didn't help. I purchased a new salt cell and installed it. Once it was installed, the circuit board would still not read any salt. Went through the recalibration steps and still no change. Called the Hayward tech and he said the board was "stuck" and I should replace it. I ordered a new board. The board is installed but no power light will come on. When I switch the button from off to auto, there is no sound of a click after about 10 seconds like I had before. The old board had the power light on but the new one does not. The new board does show a salt reading but I think it is the factory standard since when I go through the recalibration process to get to the average salt reading it does not move from zero. Any suggestions?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.