15' round pool agp Need help with sand vacuuming.

May 24, 2008
jacksonville fl
All,
I need recommendations for a pool cleaner. I have at least two huskies swimming multiple times a day. I just upgraded from the intex sand 1600gph pump and filter to a Hayward Xtream 150 and a 1.5 hp pump. I know the pump is oversized but I only run about 6 hours a day and I want to put in several solar collectors soon. Currently the pool is surrounded by sand. I will be building a 1/3 round deck about 12" below the lip of the pool to match my existing screened porch.

I vacuumed yesterday, but today, the dogs have put so much sand in the pool again. I am debating between suction aqua bug or pressure side cleaner Polaris 65 or an aqua bot Jr. Which would be best with perpetual sand getting in the pool?

Also thinking of making the one return in the stainless panel another suction intake since it is next to the skimmer. I would fashion a very deep suction intake about three feet down to increase circulation. Then I would probably hard plumb two returns on opposite sides of my tiny pool. Has anyone tried this? I feel it would be safer to reduce the suction from just the skimmer.

Re: 15' round pool ago. Need help with sand vacuuming.

We have a Polaris 9300 which picks up sand VERY well. In fact, I didn't realize we had so much sand in our pool until I got it and the first few cleanings it picked up tons of sand. But I can't in good conscience recommend that cleaner because it's really high maintenance, with wheels breaking off at the hub at least once or twice a year, and the mysterious condition wherein the lights on the control head flash and the unit refuses to run. We've had ours for four years and it just went into blinking lights mode again, so I'm kicking it to the curb and getting an Aquabot Elite. I'll let you know how it is with sand.

Re: 15' round pool agp.Need help with sand vacuuming.

Yesterday, 07:41 PMjaxhusky
15' round pool agp. Need help with sand vacuuming.

All,
I need recommendations for a pool cleaner. I have at least two huskies swimming multiple times a day. I just upgraded from the intex sand 1600gph pump and filter to a Hayward Xtream 150 and a 1.5 hp pump. I know the pump is oversized but I only run about 6 hours a day and I want to put in several solar collectors soon. Currently the pool is surrounded by sand. I will be building a 1/3 round deck about 12" below the lip of the pool to match my existing screened porch.

I vacuumed yesterday, but today, the dogs have put so much sand in the pool again. I am debating between suction aqua bug or pressure side cleaner Polaris 65 or an aqua bot Jr. Which would be best with perpetual sand getting in the pool?

Also thinking of making the one return in the stainless panel another suction intake since it is next to the skimmer. I would fashion a very deep suction intake about three feet down to increase circulation. Then I would probably hard plumb two returns on opposite sides of my tiny pool. Has anyone tried this? I feel it would be safer to reduce the suction from just the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.