Pentair IC60 cell only if I have Pentair Automation panel already?

Hi all,
My solar installer offered to throw in a Pentair SWG install if I ordered solar heating from him. All I have to do is order the unit in advance of his install.

2 questions:
1) any recommendations on the cheapest place to order the Pentair IC60?
2) Do I need the pentair SWG power center if I already have a Pentair automation unit, or can I just buy the Salt cell replacement?

Thanks in advance!

Johnny,

If your panel did not come with a SWG, chances are it does not have the internal SWG power supply. Pretty easy to tell.. open the enclosure and look behind the bottom panel. If there are two transformers on the right side, one big one and one small one, then you have the power supply. If all you have is one small transformer, then you do not have the internal PS.

Try SunPlay, they always seem to have pretty good deals.

Jim R.

Thanks Jim!

Here's my panel... There is only one small transformer inside but there is one outside the panel to the right. Not sure what is for, in-floor cleaning maybe?

cacf505de3a061b0e340a3510a5135e5.jpg

Would this work or should I order the power center too?

Johnny,

If your panel did not come with a SWG, chances are it does not have the internal SWG power supply. Pretty easy to tell.. open the enclosure and look behind the bottom panel. If there are two transformers on the right side, one big one and one small one, then you have the power supply. If all you have is one small transformer, then you do not have the internal PS.

Try SunPlay, they always seem to have pretty good deals.

Jim R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny,

That is a 12 volt transformer and I "assume" it is for your pool lights or some landscape lighting. I suggest you follow the output wires and see what relay they go to, and what that relay is supposed to control.

I also noticed something that I did not realize.. on the front panel is a number of small circuit breakers in the upper right hand corner.. The one for the SWG/Intellichlor is missing. I had assumed it was there, just not connected. Also, the missing SWG transformer is about the same size as the one in your sub-box, but I'm pretty sure it has more than a 12 volt secondary output..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.