Jandy Watercolors LED lights don't match Jandy Nichless LED lights

ChadJ

Jan 28, 2016
Delray Beach, FL
Hi all. I recently completed my pool and am loving it, though still not really able to do much but look at it and scrub it until the diamond brite has cured. One thing I'm not so pleased with is an aspect of the lighting. I did two large Jandy Watercolors 12v LED lights in the main part of the pool, a Jandy Pro Series 12v nichless LED over the sun shelf and another nichless in the spa. My gripe is that, on many of the color selections, the tone/shade of the colors are different between the Watercolors lights and the nichless ones. It's not terrible but definitely noticeable on many of the colors. I'm fairly certain there is no way to cure this, so I'm mainly posting as a lesson learned for others who may consider mixing light types in the same pool. I thought that by using the same manufacturer I'd be covered, but not so much. Some colors are totally fine and very close so it's not the end of the world. But if I were to do it over again, I'd have skipped the two large lights and put three nichless ones instead. The light they put off is excellent and they look so discrete. Hope this helps someone! Would have saved me around $400 and I'd have had uniform light.

-Chad

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.