Wiring Flotec dual speed 230vac pool pump Need help.

Aug 22, 2016
phoenix, az
The Northstar motor would no longer turn, the cap tested at 30uF instead of 50 replaced it but still to no avail, it appeared that only one side of the 230 breakers would break so I converted it to 115 just as a test and it moved for about 5 seconds, this was with no impeller already out of the pump. So instead of getting a new motor at 280+ a new impeller which I would want I got a dual speed pump for 250 both rated at 1.5hp 1.65sf 230. Well actually the flotec says 1.5hp-0.25hp which i'm guessing is at low speed? and it has a 1.65SF HP which i'm assuming is just SF. but both having the same thp i believe

Anyway I can't figure out how to wire this thing From the breaker coming out of the pool controller (Hayward aqualogic 4) which I have 2 black wires both tested to 120 and a green which tested to ground and 0 ohm to bonding wire.or near it. Now It has been a week without a working pump so I am just trying to get it going preferably in high but was just trying to wire it in high speed while i figure out the controller and it's hookup to the multiple relays.

Any help would be greatly appreciated I am already Great full I found this forum though no more $50 bottles of pool perfect. Thank you ,
Chris

20160822_192140.jpg20160822_192150.jpg20160822_192130.jpg20160822_192100.jpg

:wave: Welcome to TFP!

According to the sticker, you need your 2 black wires to correct to L1 and L2.

When you wire for both speeds, L2 should always be one leg and then the controller sends the other leg to either L1 or A depending on desired speed.

sorry for the delay in posting, I have an update, After giving up and making sure the wiring wasright Itook the wiring off of the other pump (the secondary that runs the waterfalls) and it worked. so the issue is th4e 230 v wiring off of relay 1which is tied to the SWG. ANd I can confirm that Iam getting 120 off of each line to ground and the relay is functioning as it will only get 120 when it is switched on. any Ideas?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.