Pool Build in Cancun, Mx. Part 5 of 5 (Finished)

cancuntom

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2009
Cancun, Mexico
In Cancun the water systems are different that most of the places in the USA that I have lived in. Potable water is delivered to your home only in the evening hours and for a set amount of time. It is delivered via a pipe through a meter on the outside wall of our property. From the meter the water goes either via a buried rubber hose or in our case a above ground CPVC pipe around the property to the rear where it enters the building and fills a 11,000 liter cistern under our kitchen floor. From the cistern it is pumped up to the roof where I have two fiberglass tanks. The float in the tank talks to the float in the cistern and determines when to start and stop the pump. This water is then distributed down throughout the building. The pressure you get at your faucets etc. is only the head pressure from these roof top tanks. In our case I've installed a pressurized whole house system w/ a softener. You cannot drink this water as it is not purified. Bottled drinking water is delivered twice a week by a service right to our front gate. So we could not use our house water to fill the pool. We also have a well on the property that goes down about 10m to a cenote. I have a submerged pump in it to water the lawn. That water is not suitable for use in the pool. So.............I had to buy 3 truckloads of water to fill the pool. Here are some pictures:

Now we had water in the pool and the next step was to start the landscaping:

Next came the plants, 110 to start with:

This is what it all looks like today:

Same Palm at Christmas time:

Final picture of finished pool:

I hope you enjoyed the pictures of my pool build. It's a bit different here in a sub tropical climate. The plantings are easy to maintain, our gardening crew only comes twice a month, and as long as your water them they grow like weeds do back in the USA. The other thing about the Cancun area is that it is not "buggy" at all. So we can always enjoy our pool and outdoor areas year round.
So..................sending you all warm Caribbean breezes and enjoy your pools!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.