Use of water bladder within pool during maintenance to reduce risk of pool popping?

Hi All

First time poster, long time lurker.

I'm looking to to re-tile a pool feature water wall (with stacked stone) that can only easily be accessed from within the pool itself.

The various tilers quoting on the job suggested the pool be drained to vastly simplify things.

There also happens to be a pool light/enclosure that is tripping a breaker when switched on that needs to be looked at, and a few calcium deposits on the pebblecrete that could be cleaned up.

So I could kill multiple birds with one stone so to speak.

I would actually welcome refreshing of the pool water as well to get the chemistry finally right (calcium hardness in particular).

My main concern is about the pool potentially popping out. To combat this, I'm thinking something like a plastic onion bladder around 5000l in size/volume could be submerged in pool and provide maybe (5 tonnes of weight), whilst the remaining 20000 litres or so of water is pumped out.

Has anybody done something like this before? So essentially removing 80% of water, and keeping 20% present and contained in a bladder. Is this realistically likely to lower the chances of pool pop?
I can purchase an onion bladder here for between 1000-2000$ AUD (~1500 USD).

A side question, for those whom have used stacked stone before on pool feature walls, any recommendations in terms of a salt water environment and surface prep / and adhesives to leverage?
The wall previously had stacked stone tiles on, but the clusters started becoming loose and essentially the adhesive failed, and the heavy tile clusters were a danger. These things are very heavy, and the wall is also on the western side and gets lots of hot afternoon sunlight.

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.

cheers

onion.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

Do you have a higher water table or something? If the pool was built properly and you don't have an unusual amount of ground water in your area for some reason, I wouldn't think you'd need to go through this trouble. But perhaps I'm wrong and an expert will be around soon to correct me :)

Do you have a higher water table or something? If the pool was built properly and you don't have an unusual amount of ground water in your area for some reason, I wouldn't think you'd need to go through this trouble. But perhaps I'm wrong and an expert will be around soon to correct me :)

Not that I'm aware of. I'm thinking more along the lines of an insurance-policy / piece-of-mind to reduce the likelihood of a pop and cracking / movement.
It seems such a simple solution. Something like the following would provide 2000 litres (2 tonnes of downward force) for $500 ...
Water Storage Bladder Tank 2000L 4000LX1000WX500H MM WSB2000 | eBay

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.