My first test with TF100

gocubs418

May 3, 2016
Dallas/TX
I wanted to try out my test kit TF100.

I did the K 1000.

CL BR was the clear box .5-1
pH was 7.5

Should I take anymore until my salt gets thrown in? I read Pool School but I am slightly confused on which test is which.

Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.

A full set would be great, (FC, pH, TA, CH, and CYA) by the salt comment I am assuming you are adding a SWG but you will need to maintain chlorine levels manually until it is up and running. Also what kind of pool is it and what kind of surface?

This explains what each is, ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Here are more detailed instructions, Pool School - Extended Test Kit Directions
More here about what to put in your signature and how to do it, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

I see the sig now how about those test results?

FC 5.5PPM- 6.5PPM (I thought it was clear then I looked at it 10 secs later and it had some pink so I put 2 more drops in )
CC 0
TC 5.5-6.5 PPM
CH 150PPM
TA 30
CYA Test didn't work :( or I didn't do something right. I filled that view tube up to the top

So how am I doing

Is the builder still caring for the pool or are you on your own? The TA is a little low and we would need to see pH. If the builder is still caring for the pool they may be doing an acid startup, so it would be normal for the TA and pH to be low. CH is a little on the low side should be raised 75 to 100 ppm. FC is impossible to judge without CYA results you should probably try the test one more time. Take a look at THIS video

If the builder is still in the startup process I would not add anything until they turn over the pool. You don't want to for instance add calcium or CYA and then have them dump a bunch in too. the only exception would be FC if you see it getting low add some bleach but to know what range to maintain you need a CYA reading, right now if CYA is truly 0 there is more than enough FC. Also if the CYA is 0 the FC level should drop rapidly in the next day or 2 without CYA to protect if from the sun.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.