conversion from baqua to chlorine where is the chlorine goin

May 22, 2009
Every day my chlorine goes to zero. Did conversion from baqua to chlorine .followed all the steps. but now when i test the chlorine drops to zero every day. The only thing I didn't do is change the sand in the filter. Could this be the reason. Or is it something else. The ph goes to 7.8 the acid tests at 90 ppm. ant ideas/
thanks
hopscotch :hammer:

Did you keep adding chlorine until the FC level held overnight?

It can take really dramatic amounts of chlorine to do a baquacil conversion. During the early stages of the conversion, you add chlorine and it all vanishes in under an hour. That is normal, the chlorine is reacting with the baquacil. You continue adding chlorine until you can maintain a chlorine level.

Take a look at the instructions at Pool School for all the steps in doing the conversion.

hopscotch said:
The only thing I didn't do is change the sand in the filter. Could this be the reason. hopscotch :hammer:

There might be a LOT of Baqua-Goo still trapped in the sand.

When we did our conversion, we had big clumps of slimy Baqua-stuff mixed in the sand. The chlorine will try to break down these clumps for a long time!!!

Do change the sand. Wal-Mart sells them for about 6.00 per bag. (Lowe's has some filter sand, too; don't know this years price)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.