pump questions from a total novice...

Motheresa

Silver Supporter
Jun 23, 2016
Pearland, TX
How do I know how long each day to run my pump?
My Hayward Ecostar has a variable pump, what's the point. In other words, under what circumstances would I run a lower rpm?
Can my Hayward Viio Turbo cleaner be used on a lower rpm or just the highest?
Explain "priming".
What does "quick clean" do and why do the 'bathers' need to leave the pool during this function?
Under what circumstances would I use this "quick clean" function?

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Theresa

well I will try and answer some of your questions. first the variable speed pumps are more efficient at lower rpm. so the idea is that you can move the same amount of water through the system over a longer period of time for a lot less money.an example would be my old pump ran for 6 hr a day and used around 13 kw of power. my new variable pump runs 24 hr but only uses about 5.6 kw and is actually putting more water through the system a day. as far as your cleaner goes I'm not familiar with it so no help there but with mine I don't run it at full speed. 2hr a day at 2800 rpm and 22 hr at 800 rpm.vacuum only works at the higher rpm. I only use my quick clean when I'm adding chlorine or sometimes when swimming. I don't know why they would say not to use it whith people in the pool. all it does is run the pump at what ever rpm and however long you want.
How do I know how long each day to run my pump?
My Hayward Ecostar has a variable pump, what's the point. In other words, under what circumstances would I run a lower rpm?
Can my Hayward Viio Turbo cleaner be used on a lower rpm or just the highest?
Explain "priming".
What does "quick clean" do and why do the 'bathers' need to leave the pool during this function?
Under what circumstances would I use this "quick clean" function?

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Theresa

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.