Pearland Fall/ Winter Build

Re: Pearland Fall bid

9F74DFB8-1E4F-4B41-8AEF-6B1A9C2CF2F0_zpskyxoysb7.jpg

Here is the picture.

Pool specifications: #4 rebar on 12" centers, 4 bar #4 bar bond beam, 2 skimmers w/2" independent drain lines, 2 main drains on 2" independent lines, plumb for spa w/2" return, Pentair Whisperflo 1 1/2" hp pump, Pentair clean and clear 320 sq. ft. cart. filter, 1 hp air blower for spa, Compool never lube valve 2" by 2 1/2" three way/two way valves, Pentair 400k btu heater, 4 deck jets, 2 Intellibrite 5G pool lights and 1 Intellibrite 5G spa light, Pentair Easytouch wireless w/IC40 size saltwater system, plaster w/quartz finish

- - - Updated - - -

I have been looking and learning a lot and I know people will suggest changes, but we are probably going to stick with what the PB quoted as we are really happy with the price.

- - - Updated - - -

Fellow Pearlander here! Starting our build this week. Your pool looks very nice! Do you have any dimensions? The people on this site are a wealth of information! Looking forward to see how it goes.

Congratulations on starting your new pool! Do you have a link so we can check out your build?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool specifications: #4 rebar on 12" centers, 4 bar #4 bar bond beam, 2 skimmers w/2" independent drain lines, 2 main drains on 2" independent lines, plumb for spa w/2" return, Pentair Whisperflo 1 1/2" hp pump, Pentair clean and clear 320 sq. ft. cart. filter, 1 hp air blower for spa, Compool never lube valve 2" by 2 1/2" three way/two way valves, Pentair 400k btu heater, 4 deck jets, 2 Intellibrite 5G pool lights and 1 Intellibrite 5G spa light, Pentair Easytouch wireless w/IC40 size saltwater system, plaster w/quartz finish

- - - Updated - - -

I have been looking and learning a lot and I know people will suggest changes, but we are probably going to stick with what the PB quoted as we are really happy with the price.

-

I am building a 16x34 pool, no spa... I have two pumps, not 1 (one is for water features), both are the VS pumps, I have the 520 size filter, and easytouch 8, with IC60... Your pool seems a bit underpowered, especially with a spa. While you might be happy with the price, you may not be happy with all the work, and ultimate costs. The 420 filter size will have to be cleaned more often, the IC40 will have to run longer - so electric costs will be substantially more, and the VS pumps allow you to save more money on costs as you can dial down the speed (or up) depending on what its doing. I think at a minimum most recommend a 2 speed pump. Plus with one pump, I am not sure you will be able to watch your water features, while sitting in your spa with the jets going, without sacrificing the quality of the water flow... Also, the Easytouch 8 can run my yard lights, etc... you don't specify which easy touch you have, but with the 4, one is your pump, the other three will be spa light, pool light, and other pool light with no room for expansion like yard lights, the lights on your deck jets or possibly the light above your equipment?

Anyways.. just something to think about, and a heck of lot cheaper to make those changes now... I changed out my 4 to an 8 and IC40 to IC60 after I already had them, and the cost was only a few hundred bucks... the pumps might be a bit more, but will be well worth it IMO.

Okay I have one more question.

When do the people in Houston area start and end there swimming season?

I will have a heater but I am not sure I will want to use the heat the pool on a regular basis.

Hey I am just starting build in Pearland. My brother and sister both have pools. My kids when the spa is heated will swim well into October jumping from spa to pool! Heck even last year at Christmas Day haha. I would say March to October is pushing it but April-September is more realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.