Heat Pump Size

cooper

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
Long Island, NY
Hello all,

I bought a house last year that has an inground pool (16 x 32, 8' deep at the deep end). I'd like to get a heat pump installed this year but I'm not sure what size to buy. Based on some on-line calculations I determined the volume to be about 24000 gallons with a surface area of about 530 sq ft. I live in Long Island, NY.

Anyone know what size/BTU heat pump I need?

Thanks in advance.

cooper said:
Hello all,

I bought a house last year that has an inground pool (16 x 32, 8' deep at the deep end). I'd like to get a heat pump installed this year but I'm not sure what size to buy. Based on some on-line calculations I determined the volume to be about 24000 gallons with a surface area of about 530 sq ft. I live in Long Island, NY.

Anyone know what size/BTU heat pump I need?

Thanks in advance.
Have a look here: http://www.titanpoolheaters.com/. Navigate to the Sizing page, or click here: http://www.titanpoolheaters.com/site/findproduct.html

Consider also that since you're in the North East, you will want to have a heat pump that has a reverse cycle to melt the ice that will form as it gets colder (into the 60s or colder). This reverses the freon flow to allow the heat pump to operate under colder air temps. Also, a Titanium heat exchanger will allow a greater level of resistance to chemical attack due to poor water quality or improper water chemistry.

I went with heat siphon 3.25 analog. I LOVE IT! Hubby says it was easy to install, and it is certainly "dummy proof" if I can adjust it and understand what I am doing. The people at poolheatpumps.com took all the guess work out of the decision, and did NOT try to sell me the most expensive heat pump, but helped me choose one within my price range that would suit my needs. I have been very happy with it! The only down side to a warm pool is coming out into cold air afterward!!!! LOL! For that, I recommend thick towels and a sweatsuit. :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.